Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Update & Metal Detecting

I'm still revising my short story! The good news is that I'm finally starting to get in the groove. The words are starting to come easier. I felt like I was forcing my work. Something is changing. I'm certain its because I'm making myself write everyday... even if it's just for 1/2 hour.

I added a metal detecting blog on my blog roll :) I've wanted one for years!!! And well... we'll soon be going to the beach so I bought one (laughing). It's fun!! It's something that takes practice though... to recognize the sound of the beeps and read the bar graph thing on the box. I hid a huge metal belt, a key chain, about 10 coins, silver earrings and a gold chain necklace in the back yard for my sons to find. One good thing about never raking up ALL of the leaves ;) We really had a lot of fun with it!! A real treasure hunt! They found the big stuff and the earrings... but I had to show them where the gold necklace was. I didn't keep track of the coins... so there is still about $1 in change in the yard. We are all looking forward to trying out our new treasure hunting skills on the beach.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Glad to hear you are writing some. I'm back on the outlaw book.
A metal detector will be fun! Maybe you'll find some lost treasure!