Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!!

I hope everyone has had a great 4th of July so far. We had a nice relaxing day, a nice dinner on the patio, brownies... can't get much better. Oh I forgot. It can, for the boys at least. I bought some firecrackers for later tonight ;)

I am still revising my short story. In fact, I worked on it today... still working on it. I'm just taking a small break to write this up. I've neglected my blog too long.

Did I mention that my mother is coming to town next week? She feels better. As my mother ages, it feels like she challenges her very life. It's scary to watch. But when I think about it, she has always lived life as some sort of challenge... it just seems so extreme because now she's aged so much, she's challenging life on a physical level. She has become frail. And that's a strange thing to say about my mother. Ten or even five years ago, I would have never dreamt of describing my mother as frail.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a good holiday!! Mine has been quiet.