Friday, January 02, 2009

Short Stories and Progress

I have decided to write a few short stories this year. I can't help but think that writing short stories will help me get into the groove once again.

I did work on my Young Adult last night and actually made good progress in only about an hour. I am going to add some elements that I think will make the story much tighter. I have to give this credit where it's due. Jorie Broussard posted on her blog, "I have heard that whatever you do on this day, you'll be doing the rest of the year." While I wouldn't say that I'm superstitious... it DID light a fire under my behind.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Mary,
Happy New Year! I spent New Year's writing as well. I'm going to take you up on your writing challenge. I had a good friend tell me, after much moaning and whining, that if writing was so important to me that I would do it no matter the cost. Time to quit feeling sorry for myself and put the butt in the chair. So I'm game if you are. My goal is to finish this short story by the end of January and have it ready for a couple of readers by then.

Mary said...

You're on! End of January deadline is good with me! I spent the day thinking/developing a short story to do!