Monday, September 01, 2008

Hurricane Gustav




Looks like my mother and sister are going to get hit. My mama's house is in New Iberia and my sister is in Lafayette. They evacuated New Iberia yesterday so my mother is at my sister's house... not far enough away if you ask me. But if you've waited out as many hurricane's as my mother... they tend to lose the fear factor. I spoke to my mother last night. She said something like... "we'll see if I still have a house after it's past" (she's never lost a house). Then I said something like... "well, you can always come and live with me." We both laughed because we both know she'll never move away from Louisiana. She's stubborn like that.

3 comments:

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Hugs, I hope all of your family remain safe and sound!

Dixie Belle said...

Hi! I hope everyone made it through the storm.

Mary said...

I forgot to update ya'll! My mothers house and my sisters house made it through without damage. Someone in the grocery store told me that a hurricane was coming to the coast of Georgia! I guess I better look at weather.com.