Sunday, August 31, 2008

Reading... A LOT

I've been reading a lot lately... lots of different things.

Yesterday, I finished reading DarkFever by Karen Marie Moning It was excellent! I had resisted reading this series. Silly really. I was annoyed that she jumped ship on her highlander series. But I can see now how she would want to write this series. It's sort of a romance... but not really. There is no happy ending... it's one of those series that features one main heroine character and she has a few men (or beings) that are part of her life. She is a kick ass heroine. There is a series that I follow that is much like this one but for the life of me I can't remember the name right now.

I am working on Bloodfever right now. I want to catch up before Faefever comes out. I can see the attraction to writing a series like this... especially when you have such a dynamic grouping of characters... as well as a well put together world.

I recently read Annie's Song by Catherine Anderson. It was an emotional sweet story. I think it's the first Catherine Anderson book that I've read. I am going to read more of her work. I'd recommend this story to the person who reads tons of romances like me. But I wouldn't recommend this one to an occasional reader just because I think there is better books out right now.

I also read Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon in the past few weeks. It was a good read... for the Dark-hunter fan... but I'm not so sure I'd recommend this one to someone who has never read one. I was hoping for something AWESOME like Fantasy Lover. I guess I might have built this story up in my mind to an impossible achievable level... after all, this story has been anticipated since the first dark-hunter story.

If you are a YA reader... Saving Juliet by Suzanne Selfors is a MUST read. LOVED this one!!!!

I know I've read more (laughing) but off the top of my head, I can't think of the names.

I am working on my YA at a snails pace... but still working.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey Mary, How are you? Just trying to catch up on all my blog reading. I read Acheron too, and it was a little bit of a let down I guess. I really thought that big "Red" was going to do more damage than that. Left a lot of things unanswered as well. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and hope that all is well with you.

Michelle