Friday, February 15, 2008

"I'll Be Back"

It’s almost over… one way or another. OK… I said a few months back that I wouldn’t talk about my divorce… but actually this is about my writing too.

My husband and I were set for trial (yes, going in front of a judge) but we had one more requirement by our county to complete before trial… the late case evaluation.

I honestly didn’t think my husband planned on settling. I was completely prepared for trial. Lo and behold, my husband decided to settle in this late case evaluation. Of course, the settlement isn’t exactly what I would have wished for… I could buy a nice car with the money I spent on attorney’s fees… fees that I was hoping he’d end of paying for. But no, I have to bite that bullet ;) Don't get me wrong... My attorney is AWESOME!

The Good News is… I am feeling like a dark cloud has lifted, well almost. He is still living in the house and is suppose to be out on or before March 15 provided we both sign the official settlement that we verbally agreed on in the late case evaluation. My soon to be ex-husband has already been doing things that are against what we agreed on… so who knows, this still might end up in trial on March 3rd. But the end is near… and my writing muse is stretching her fingers.

I can’t wait to get back to my writing. I won’t be able to spend quite so much daily time that I used to because I plan on starting a home business. But I was thinking, I was going to commit myself to at least 2 hours a day with NO Internet. I have been off the Internet for quite some time and have come to realize what a distraction that was with my writing. I am going to stay in RWA and the Society of Children’s Writers and Illustrators… and I believe I will remain in the Hearts through History RWA chapter and the RWAOnline chapter because of their invaluable resources… and of course my local chapter, because I like getting out to meet with other writers face to face. But all other organizations… I am quitting at least until I find my writing groove.

Of course, I will keep in contact with my Internet buddies ;) and make regular postings in my blog.

That’s the plan… and I hope to realize it in March.

What am I reading? Well, I will most likely read a lot of self help/improvement books and I started reading The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. So far... a Great Book... and a nice easy to read reminder of the Law of Attraction.

The romance that I am current about a quarter into is Mistress by Morning by Elizabeth Boyle… OMG… I LOVE the beginning of this story… completely unique… to me at least ;)

I have MISSED you all… but as Arnold says, “I’ll be back!”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back and I got your letter! Way to go!