I am sorry… I typically don't divulge spoilers in my reviews… but I have to for this one. I have never read this author before. She is famous for writing Zel.
I picked up this one because it is a YA historical. Hush… An Irish Princess’ Tale had me reading until 2am last night. It is a compelling story of love, prejudice and acceptance… so many things really.
For those of you who also read and write YA’s, I wanted to point out that our heroine has sex in this story. It is well done AND because of her circumstances, it is really expected to happen. I think this might be the first YA that I read that does not phrase it so the innocent reader wouldn’t understand what was happening. I recommend this book not only to see how she crossed this line in a YA but because I truly enjoyed the story. Item of Note: This is an Atheneum Book, an imprint of Simon & Schuster.
3 comments:
Oh, I have to get this book now! I have her other works. I think you sent me one, Beast.
But I have all the others. She write beautifully.
I forgot she wrote that one!! I did read that one... and if my memory serves me right today... i think she stretched the limits on that one as well ;)
Hi Mary! Hope you are having a good new year so far!
Post a Comment