Saturday, August 12, 2006

Too tired

It's a 11:35 and my contest submission isn't ready. I'm not going to fret over it though because I did make good progress. I'm added another element that really raises the conflict.

Tomorrow is Sunday... and it feels like I haven't read a real romance in ages! I think I am going to take a little break and read tomorrow.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I read a romance while at my show this weekend. One I had read before, and loved. I was a bit irritated, because I didn't love it as much this time around. But still, a good romance. I would though love to find something new and great.

Beth said...

P.S. Sorry to hear you didn't get the submission done on time. And no, I wouldn't worry about it. There is always another contest out there, and far better not to enter than to enter something not quite ready.

Mary said...

I have done that... LOVE a book then become disappointed the second time around. I think it is because I was into the story the first time around and then saw the flaws in the craft the second time.

"far better not to enter than to enter something not quite ready."
And that's exactly what I was thinking when I decided not to enter the Golden Rose. My goal is to really enter the golden heart and I was going to use the golden rose as a test run ;)

The good news is that I have regained momentum in my adult Scottish Historical. I am going to see what it would be like to work on both of my stories this coming week.

Mary said...

As unbelieveable as this is... I did not get to read anything! I actually worked on my story... I couldn't help myself. And then I had to do some things to get my daughter ready for school... her first day back was today. My boys have orientation... so their first offical day back is tomorrow.

I think I'll adjust to my freedom nicely ;)