I get the tips and updates letter from Writer’s Digest. It comes often… and many times all I do is skim the subject lines before I delete. BUT there are enough times that I read the contents to stay on the subscription…
I feel like I have to give Writer’s Digest a plug since I’m sharing a snip from todays newsletter… to subscribe to this free newsletter go here…
http://www.writersdigest.com/newsletter.asp
SO here is a VERY interesting tip for writers who are senior citizens…
TIPS FROM A FELLOW WRITER
I received this letter from Hazel Rash Fleming, an avid WD newsletter reader. She has a great tip that could help many of you, so I thought I'd share:
Dear Writer's Digest,
I noticed in a previous newsletter that a continuing educational course was suggested as being helpful to writers. What a lot of older writers do not understand is that many colleges allow senior citizens to audit classes without paying tuition. After I retired, I audited some classes at our local college. I felt that after being out of school for more than 40 years, I needed to brush up on my English, so I took an English Composition class and a Creative Writing class. There was a registration fee, and I had to buy books, but the two courses cost me less than $200.
In April 2006 (after taking the courses), I had my first novel published by Parkway Publishers in Boone, NC. I am currently doing book signings all over our local area.
Since I had never considered being a writer until after I retired, I found the college courses to be very helpful. Anyone over the age of 60 might want to check out this opportunity. I'm glad I did.
Sincerely,
Hazel Rash Fleming
Thanks, Hazel, for this sharing this information. If you have any helpful tips you'd like to share with other writers, or if you need some help, visit the Tips & Advice section of the WD forum: writersdigest.com/mbbs/forum/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=7
No comments:
Post a Comment