I stayed up all night last night reading Beyond Surrender by JoAnn Wendt. A gift from Janie… Thank You Janie!
They DO NOT write romances like this anymore!!!! I cried throughout the entire book… and really bawled in many of the scenes. This woman can wring out emotion!!!
And she wrote this story entirely in first person. I normally don't go for first person but it didn't bother me in the least. The complexity of the lives between the hero and heroine… WOW. I mean the hero had another wife!!!! Sadly, I know it is doubtful that a book like this would be published in today’s market… well… by the New York houses.
I loved the complexity of the heroine’s life. AWESOME!
I'm going to look for more of JoAnn Wendt’s books.
I’m tempted to do a special blog or maybe web page on my personal website dedicating it to these oldies but goodies. I read Windflower by Laura London a few months back… same thing… a powerful romance that pulled powerful tears from me. That’s an oldie. Why don’t people write like this anymore? Or have I just missed reading authors who write like this???
No comments:
Post a Comment