Last night I worked on my Villain Character sheet and came up with a new name for my god villain. I found this gaelic to english dictionary online and kept playing around on it. I have the Scots Dictionary but I like how I can search the words on this online gaelic dictionary. And I like the words it had. Did I mention that I have fun playing on it ;) Especially when I searched substrings on the McBain Dictionary.
I am finding that I can't really work on my stories during the day with the kids around. Well, I haven't quit figured it out yet. It is easy to read with the kids around but it's hard to "think" about my stories.
I will get back to revising tonight when my husband is home and the kids are settling down.
I did have a bit of action today. I was on my laptop in the front room. I can see the front of the house from where I was sitting and I noticed red. I saw a flash of someone wearing a red t-shirt pass by my front window and they came to the front door and tried the nob. At first I wondered what my youngest son was doing in the front yard... but it the back of my mind, this wasn't right. My sons don't play in the front yard. Our front yard is one big slope. After the tug on the door the person kept walking toward my neighbors yard. I got up and checked the kids room... sure enough both my sons where in there. So I thought... OMG... someone just tried to get in my house!
The first thing I thought of was the trouble that happened in my neighborhood a few months ago. A woman was attacked in her home. Actually, it was happening all over the Atlanta area. Two men would pose as city real estate appraisers or something like this and try to lure people to their car where they would abduct them. I can't remember the details because it was months back and I hadn't heard anything about it in a long time. Anyhoo... I thought of this and called 911. I reported the incident and they said that they would send someone to the neighborhood.
I called my neighbors house... a young woman with small kids... whose house this person was going toward. I left a message with my anxious self and called another neighbor that I knew who was also nearby with small kids.
I have to say I was creeped out!
I kept looking out the windows around the door trying in vain to see if the person left a bill or something. The terminex people do this... leave the bills in the door. But I knew that wasn't right... their was no strange car around when this person tugged on the door... another odd thing. Finally, about 5 anxious minutes later, I opened the door.
It was a LA Fitness Flyer!!!! I called the police to tell them it was a false alarm and then my neighbors. One of the neighbors answered this time and understood and appreciated me thinking of her. I didn't really feel too foolish because of the trouble we did have in the neighborhood and you never know this is Atlanta after all. But that was my excitement for today.
No comments:
Post a Comment