Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A Sinus Infection

Good News/Bad News

The Bad News… I had to pick up my daughter from school again today because “she threw up five weeks worth of food” today. The poor teachers! I took her to the doctor who thinks it’s a sinus infection… good news to me. That means she probably doesn’t have allergies. I pray that is the case. I’m a terrible mother to have waited so long in bringing her to the doctor! But I will say in my defense… taking my autistic daughter is not a fun (or usually an easy) task. (The reason why I have been strength training for the past year) But she has gotten so much better than she used to be. Today she was the best EVER! She sat quietly in the waiting room and in the little room while we waited 45 minutes for the doctor. That is incredible! I used to not be able to take her in the back rooms at all. The doctor who knows her best has been known to have to come out to the waiting room to look at her. I LOVE Dr. Patty!

Hoodwinked is out on video. I thought I blogged about this movie when I saw it at the theatre with the kids… but since I can’t find it… I guess not. Anyhoo… I watched it again this afternoon with my boys (after they did their homework). My youngest was picking up all the hints that were dropped during the movie on who done it that he missed before. It’s not a great as some animated stories like The Incredibles IMO BUT I think its worth renting. Warning… in the beginning you may find yourself wondering if you really want to watch it… stick with it… its part of the set up for the rest of the story.

I haven’t had a chance to write today but I did find where I temporarily storied my 2nd Scottish Historical (paranormal) research. I want to start working on it again while I develop this newer one (straight historical). For some reason the kids are needy tonight so it doesn’t look like I will actually be able to really think about my stories until they are asleep.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Thank You... she is much better now. The antibiotics have kicked in and her coughing has really subsided. So it looks like it was indeed an infection. Life is better now ;)