Yesterday, I started writing down my blocks for new Scottish Historical. I didn’t get very far. I should have remembered that I do better with blocks by doing at least a brief outline first. I am going to work on the outline today.
I have a headache right now… just took something for it. I regret it everytime I do this… but I stayed up at 4:30am finishing Marrying Stone by Pamela Morsi. I slept in a little but not a nights worth ;) I had been working on this story for a few days. Well, last night I got into bed and thought I’d read a little for I went to sleep. Well, I obviously got into it and didn’t want to go to bed. And I cried… A LOT! So my headache is not only for staying up so late but also for all the tears I shed… tons of Kleenex littered the floor around my chair (I moved when my husband went to bed). I don’t usually cry so much (or at all) when I read romances. I swear Pamela Morsi really gets me to care for her characters…. I wish that she still wrote historicals. She writes contemporary now. I don’t usually read contemporaries but she might be the author that will tempt me into reading hers without any ulterior motive. She’s not in my local RWA Chapter which is my usual motive for reading a contemporary. She has a child with special needs and writes so she can stay home with her daughter. She does what she must and I understand that.
Even though I’m feeling hung over… I am still eager to have a good writing day. So I’ll get to it ;) And then tonight, I’m going to start reading Simple Jess which has one of the characters (who I LOVED) from Marrying Stone. He is a “simple minded” man. I honestly look forward how she wrote a romance using a “simple” man. That is what I call different and unique…. Stepping out of the box.
No comments:
Post a Comment