Friday, May 26, 2006

Last Day of School and so much more!

It has been a good day. A Long Day.

I had to get up a half hour earlier because I had to actually take a shower and put make up on before my husband got up. It was the last day of school and my son's school had special activities that I wanted to attend and I had to be there at 8:00.

The boys got out at 10:30... so we went home to change...then we went out to eat. Longhorn steak house... it was their choice. I had nothing to do with their decision. It could be that they know I like to eat lunch there (on those rare occasions that I go out to lunch). I had my usual... liver and onions with texas tators. Then I cover those texas tators with butter and sour cream. I love that lunch!!!

And for desert we shared a Chocolate Stampede. It's so big that we brought 1/2 of it home!!!! Now mind you I ate on that chocolate desert with a nine year and a twelve year old boy. My nine year old was especially determined to eat it all... but we could not. So we took it home and I'm about to serve it up ;)

Here's a picture... And they gave us a dish with TWO slabs that size of the chocolate thing in the middle!! AWESOME I TELL YOU!!!!!

And when I got home... A bonus to top the events of the day off! A good friend of mine sent me a box of books!!!! THANK YOU JANIE!!! I LOVE Books!! And I hadn't read any of these!!!! ALL the kind I love to read too!!!

Tonight, I just finished editing 3 pages - 750 words. I was about to do more but I ran into a snag. I changed my villain since I looked this draft last. Now I've got to find the notes on what I came up for his name and his relation to the good god in the story. I can't remember... so I have to find my notes... among a big pile of STUFF... bad me... I didn't put it in my binder! So I'm taking the rest of the night off to finish The Wedding Raffle. I want to read The Golden Compass on Sunday.

To end this day curled in my chair with a book... it just doesn't get much better than this! I LOVE the summer!!!

1 comment:

Mary said...

It is to *to die for*!! I'm going to at least start Pullman today. I'll only be with my daughter today. Watching one kid is easier than watching three. I have so many things I want to do... work up my villain worksheet/background, read The Wedding Raffle, Read The Golden Compass, and try to edit more pages. Oh and I guess I must do a little housework ;)