Saturday, May 27, 2006

X-Men: The Last Stand

Fun Day! I took the boys to see X-men: The Last Stand. It was REALLY a great movie. Last night I went to check out the theatre times and realized that it was #3. I didn't remember seeing the second movie... so I ran out to Hollywood Video and rented X-Men II. I watched that with the boys instead of finishing The Wedding Raffle. Number 2 was really a great movie too... talk about get you ready to see the 3rd! I have to say I am impressed with whoever developed those three movies... you don't always encounter the second and third movies from an original to be just as good... but they are... if not better!

I didn't write today. I ran errands after the movie. Made "Appetillas" see below.

Tomorrow, my husband is taking the boys to the lake for a day of lounging on his sister’s houseboat. So tonight, I made this recipe for the event. I got this recipe from the Superbowl coupon section of the Sunday paper at least ten years ago. It has turned out to be the most requested Appetizer I bring to parties. Men LOVE these. My brother in law asks for me to save him one without slicing it and it eats it like a burrito. So I’m sharing in case any of you want to try it. It’s an easy recipe but more time consuming than just whipping up a dip.

I found it today on the Azteca Foods website… http://www.aztecafoods.com/party/appetill.htm

HAM APPETILLAS

Ingredients:
1 package Azteca® Super Size Tortillas
2-8 oz. containers cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup mayonnaise (Although I grew up on Blue Plate… I prefer Hellmann’s as an adult)
2 tablespoons chopped green onion (I run the green onions through a food processor)
1/4 cup chopped black olives (I buy the already chopped olives in the can)
2 (2 1/2 ounce) packages sliced, pressed, cooked ham (I use way more ham than this! I buy 3 – 10 oz packages of the rectangular press ham in the prepackaged lunch meats section of the grocery store. And I use 3 slices of ham in each roll… pretty much covering the circle with ham.)

· Remove tortillas from refrigerator; let stand at room temperature while preparing filling.
· Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, onions & olives.
· Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixture on each tortilla.
· Arrange four ham slices over cheese.
· Tightly roll up tortilla.
· Wrap individually in plastic wrap.
· Repeat for all tortillas.
· Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
· To serve, cut into 3/4" diagonal slices.
· Makes approximately 64 pieces.

Prep time: 30 minutes
Chill time: 3 hours (I always chill the rolls (individually wrapped in saran wrap) overnight and slice them right before I serve them.)

No comments: