Thursday, April 27, 2006

Six Weird Things About Myself

Six Weird Things About Myself

I’ve been tagged by Melinda ;)


1) I follow Peter Pan’s motto of life… “To Never Grow UP”. I completely think that Kids have more fun. I decided this when I was 12 years old and have stuck to it. I watch cartoons with my kids and am able to converse with them on whatever their kid topic of the day is. For example, just yesterday I had an in depth conversation with my youngest son (9) about the possibility/probability of a person being able to push down a brick wall. I envisioned a sumu wrestler at the wall and had to agree with my son’s theory. Who knows it might be in the guiness book of world records. My son always starts these conversations… he loves them.

2) Most of you know this already… but I’ve completely sheltered myself in a bubble. I don’t watch the news or read the newspaper. I only know the really important world information that my husband, sister and mother deem necessary to tell me. I get specific phone calls from all three of them if they think I need to know something.

3) I curl my toes under when I am sitting and my feet are on the floor. This habit drives my husband nuts ;)

4) I brush my teeth at least six times a day and floss at least four. I simply hate the feeling of having something between or on my teeth. I don’t do it in public places though… so less if I’m out during the day. An obsession I admit ;)

5) This a weird thing for me and my sister. My sister must have some disorder but I wouldn’t know what you call it… but she completely zones out. If we are at a restaurant for example and the waiter comes to our table while we are in the middle of a conversation… and say asks if we would like something to drink or whatever… she will not acknowledge them at all. Its not that she is rude… she just honestly doesn’t realize they are there, doesn’t hear them… nothing. So over the years I have been trained… if someone asks my sister a question and I am there and I know she is in the zone… I automatically answer for her. Sometimes she will snap out of it when she realizes that I have said something that doesn’t belong in our conversation. But sometimes she doesn’t. I often get a strange look from the questioner… but I’m not sure if it’s about my sister or me ;)

6) Last but not least… I live for used books sales. I’m giving this one because I went to one today. I will schedule whatever I can so I can attend and I do my best to attend the first day. I love them because this is where I find a lot of my research books and books that I would never have thought to buy. I also get a lot of great ideas sorting through books. I think my most interesting find at today’s book sale of “books I would never have bought” is a book on reading your palm and it looks like it is very thorough.

2 comments:

Dixie Belle said...

I don't think we're weird at all!
BTW, I only watched one of the Survivor shows.

Mary said...

OMG Dixie Belle... I only saw one episode of Survior too. My sister was an addict and I went to her house one night for something and she made me watch it so I would know what America was talking about... I guess she thought that was "need to know" world news LOL!

Melinda... I wish we lived near each other too. And thank you... and I also want to say that I feel blessed to have such a great friend in you.