This morning I ran across an article about a woman (sophomore at Harvard). She apparently plagiarized an author and her book is being pulled from store shelves. Here is the link if you want to read this…
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=1902128
And this reminds me of a week or two ago on some yahoo group… Janet Dailey’s case of plagiarizing of Nora Roberts books popped up. Some of the people on the loop had NEVER heard this story. Anyway… I just want to say that I never read nor will ever read Janet Dailey books for this reason.
I found a link to Nora Roberts speaking about it…
http://www.ninc.com/prof_advocacy/nr.asp
and another:
http://www.likesbooks.com/daileyupdate.html#roberts
How can people still buy Janet Dailey books and Why is she still being published?????
1 comment:
I read some of Janet Dailey's old Harlequins years ago because she was the only American author they published. I think that's how she became well-known. The general public doesn't know about the thing with Nora Roberts and a "name" to a publisher means sales, so I think that's why she continues to be published. But I'd never buy anything by her either.
Post a Comment