Friday, April 07, 2006

I'm So Happy... I'm Trojan Free!

No thanks to McAfee!

It was like a scab... nasty analogy... but I couldn't stop picking at my computer. I googled the trojan's name and "remove" and it led me to a geekstogo.com forum. This is the name of that place I was thinking on bringing my computer. But on their forum they had a set of instructions on how to fix it. I downloaded the freeware that they told me and ran it and presto... in 2 minutes I do believe it is gone! I love the GOOD COMPUTER GEEKS out there!!! Right this very second I'm running my McAfee to make doubly sure my machine is clean... but I know it is. I didn't get any red flashing boxes saying my machine is infected. And I'm not getting any annoying pop ups that were the result of this annoying trojan... and my machine is working much faster.... so its got to be gone!!

Honesty... this makes me want to check their stock out. GeeksToGo. It's just flourishing here in the Atlanta... at least... I've just noticed their shop not so far away. I have a feeling this business/company is going to do well. And it IS a catchy name ;) HUM... my husband is Mr. Conservative! That's what he does. He's a financial advisor and among many things he watches stocks and things like this all the time. I'm one of those I want to play the market but I don't really know what I'm doing kinda people. He won't let me play anymore. I used to play just a little so I could feel like I'm in the game ;)

But I don't care about that... I'm so happy... I'm Trojan Free!!!

2 comments:

Bailey Stewart said...

Yay!!!! I wonder if they have any of those around the Dallas area? Sounds like a great place.

Mary said...

That forum is awesome on geekstogo. When I went to check out the website again... they didn't have any locations listed... so now I'm thinking the computer geek store I'm thinking of is called something else! I will make a point to make a note of the name of that shop next time I pass by. The geek shop that I'm thinking of around me will come to your house and I'm 99% sure that they have set fees. I haven't used them yet but I think of it at times like this ;)