I had a great day!
Well… it didn’t start out so great. I stayed up until 3am last night reading. It had to be just an hour or two later when a really terrible storm hit my area. The lightening was terrible and then the power went out. Next thing I know I wake up and I need to get dressed to go to my Georgia Romance Writers monthly meeting. No power still. Thank God for small favors… we still had hot water in the tank. I had to get dressed in the dark and braid my wet hair since I couldn’t dry it. The power did go back on after I got dressed ;)
The guest speaker was Leanne Banks and her topic was sexual tension. I have to say that I really do enjoy these meetings… its charges me up! Its just plain fun to chat with a bunch of woman that are into the same things you are. There was a notable new member… an incredibly interesting older man who is a psychologist that led an incredibly interesting life. He studied natives on some far off island where they still lived as they had always lived 7,000 years before! I’m going to make a point to sit by him again next time I see him. His name was Ben.
You can buy tickets for a chance to win a baskets of books. The profit goes to a literacy fund. And I won a small basket of books and candy! The book that interested me most in my prize basket was Charming the Shrew by Laurin Wittig. Great title! I looked it up on Amazon and it got great reviews AND it’s a medieval Scottish Historical… so its like doing research ;) I’m going to read it tonight. I’m too tired from the late night, storm, and the other exciting events of my day to work on my story. Actually my mind is fried!
No comments:
Post a Comment