I was taking a break to surf Amazon since its too late to pick up a romance. This drew my eye because just today my husband made a comment about his perverse interest in reading obituaries.
I must admit that I never thought of writing obituaries as a writing craft. Quote: "The book claims that obits "contain the most creative writing in journalism" and that we are currently in the golden age of the obituary."
Hi Mary. I just popped over from Joely's - I was going to lurk but then I read this entry and I have to admit that I read obits every day. My dad used to say that that was how he started his morning, he read the obits and if his name wasn't there he got up and got dressed. *gg*
It seems you, your father, and my husband are in the company of millions!
This is the first line of Booklist's review, "Johnson is among the millions of readers who turn to the obituaries before any other page in the newspaper, finding there "the river of history" revealing trivia and significance."
2 comments:
Hi Mary. I just popped over from Joely's - I was going to lurk but then I read this entry and I have to admit that I read obits every day. My dad used to say that that was how he started his morning, he read the obits and if his name wasn't there he got up and got dressed. *gg*
Your father is a hoot!
It seems you, your father, and my husband are in the company of millions!
This is the first line of Booklist's review, "Johnson is among the millions of readers who turn to the obituaries before any other page in the newspaper, finding there "the river of history" revealing trivia and significance."
Post a Comment