Sunday, March 26, 2006

Disappointment settled in

I read one of the worst books this past week. I’m not going to mention the title or the author simply because someone did spend a lot of their time writing this book and it did get published. I did stick with the book because I kept thinking there must be a reason this book got published and thought maybe it had a bang of an ending. But no. It wasn’t a disastrous ending but I must say that I am shocked that it was published. And this publisher is going to publish more from this author??? WOW! And this in a way is a good thing. It gives one hope that it is possible for anyone persistent enough. But do I really want to join the ranks of a published author like this. I’m shaking my head… NO.

After reading this book… I felt… well… badly. I needed a good book to somehow lift my spirits. Thank God for Liz Carlyle! I am in the middle of No True Gentleman and must say I LOVE the hero. I LOVE the heroine too really… but the hero has sooo much personality. I love that he is Italian and Liz Carlyle flavors his dialogue with pieces of Italian, which I don’t understand but she explains it nicely.

I have to admit that I was giddy with excitement after reading the prologue. I knew this book would be just thing I needed to get over the shock, disappointment from the previous read. I’m going to finish No True Gentleman today… I need to. And then I’m going to work on my own novel.

No comments: