Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Beauty and the Spy by Julie Anne Long

I think I’ve completely neglected my blog! I’ve been a bit distracted but I am still working one my story. I’ve done quit a bit of reading too… actually too much! I’ve read three of Eloisa James’s stories in the past few weeks… Duchess in Love, Fool for Love and A Wild Pursuit. They just keep getting better and better. In a Wild Pursuit… that was like two romances in one book. I must admit that I’m glad she concluded Esme’s story. And I absolutely LOVED how she ended that one ;) I have one more to read in this series and I’m caught up… Your Wicked Ways… which I can’t wait to read because it’s Helene and Rees story. That's what my problem is... when I start reading a series (new to me) I can't stop until I've read them all. An addiction really.

I did squeeze a book in yesterday that was recommended to me… Beauty and the Spy by Julie Anne Long. I had never heard of her or read any of her work… but that was really a thoroughly enjoyable story! I loved the mystery aspect as well as the building of the romance. She had many good strong threads that all were all tied up nicely in the end. I will definitely read more from this author.

4 comments:

Shesawriter said...

Mary,

I started reading Judith Ivory's The Indiscretion. So far, I'm loving it.

Tanya

Mary said...

I can't remember if I've read any Judith Ivory yet. I know I have a couple in my to read pile by her. Untie you Heart is I think one of them. I'll look to see if I have Indiscretion ;)

Janie... I'm going to try to read No True Gentleman this weekend.

Mary said...

You're talking about Sentence Rhythm? I'd love that. I found this sentence book... on twenty different ways to write a sentence. It is sort of like a workbook... and I was hoping it would help me get a sense of "sentence rhythm"

I going to take another look at Long's book. And note taken ;)

Shesawriter said...

Janie,

Can you give me some names? I didn't even know she wrote dark books.

Do tell.

Tanya