Monday, August 08, 2005

Monday Check In & Comments on SuperNoteCard

I didn’t reach my editing goal last week… not even close. I’m not happy with that.

But I did begin writing in my 2nd Scottish Historical and am happy with how it is progressing… I wrote 2000 words in last week and I really didn’t spend a great amount of time on it.

Last week, I helped my CP by reading some of her turning points in her book and offering my opinion… this is the CP who got 2 requests… 1 at the conference and 1 from a query.

This week… my new goals

Edit at least 3 pages per day and get past chapter 13 (primary goal)

Write another 2,000 + words in my SH

Work on POV Assignment

Study 1 book (or parts of it) and mark the words/phrases/passages I like

Read a few chapters in Becoming a Writer by Dorothea Brande


Comments on SuperNotecard

I downloaded SuperNotecard last Thursday. Even though I haven’t devoted enough time to give it my own verdict… I can see that it can become a useful tool to plan out my stories if I can make it a habit of using this software. Forming a habit…that’s always the trick of it.

For those who are curious for more info on this software without having to download it… here is the link to its help file giving detailed instructions how it works. I will post more when I feel more comfortable with the program.

http://www.mindola.com/SuperNotecardHelp/

No comments: