Sunday, August 07, 2005

Homemade Bubble Recipe and Writing Exercise

Homemade Bubble Recipe

Since its Sunday and I happened to make Bubbles for my daughter today… I’m adding a fun post… my bubble recipe. We go through bubbles around here like you can’t imagine… so having the items I need on hand keeps me out of trouble in the event we run out of our precious bubble mix ;)

Homemade bubbles Recipe

128 oz Water (4 Quarts) (Important Note: put water in mixing container first… if you don’t you’ll make tons of suds)

next add 4 tablespoons Glycerin (grocery stores do carry this…usually comes in a 4 oz bottle… so I always keep 2 bottles on hand)

add 2 cups ultra concentrated Dawn (blue or green… and both smell really good)

add 1 cup store bought bubbles like Mr. Bubble or Amazing Bubbles (this is not necessary but I always do it… I suspect that there is something in their formula that makes the bubbles last longer and stronger… but I don’t know what it is.)

Stir well and store in clean milk jug or two.

Since this is my writing blog… I’ve included a short writing exercise describing a child’s favorite summer activity.


“Watch this one, Mama!”

Billy slammed the bubble wand into the bubble solution tray.

The sticky goo sloshed over the edge. All eyes watched the slick mess run across the table and trickle onto the patio floor.

“This one is going to be really humongous,” he said. Ever so carefully, Billy lifted the dripping wand and brought it to his lips. He blew the thin layer of bubble magic with a slow and even breath. The bubble grew until it reached the size of a basketball.

POP.

“Watch this one, Mama!"

No comments: