Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Correction in my use of AutoCrit…

How nice these blogs can be… to clear up misunderstandings :)

I hadn’t realized that I misinterpreted my findings in the Unusual/Common Word feature… I was worried about making sure I used more common words… but with my work being historical with words that weren’t at all common to the way people talk today… I thought this feature didn’t really apply to me… but now I see that I was mistaken.

She said…

“I was autocritting and it reminded me of a comment you made in your blog with regards to unusual/common words. I use that feature to make SURE I have lots of unusual words. Or rather, to make sure I don't have a sequence of paragraphs that only have common words. If I find a 'common' section, I make sure to replace words like 'pull' with 'tug'. Changes like this 'spark up' the writing. But I don't choose rare or unfamiliar words, just less common ones.

Make sense?”

Thanks J… now it does make sense!
Mary

No comments: