One of my Critique Partners has returned from the RWA Conference and she's all fired up... and I can't blame her. She got two requests... one a full! Way to Go!!! And speaking of my CP... I'll let you in on a useful online critiquing tool... she built it herself and decided to share it with everyone else online... Nice!
http://www.autocrit.com/
It is a very clever tool... definitely worth testing out. It checks things like Repeated phrases, sentence lengths, dialogue tags, use of usual/unusual words (best for contemporary IMO... I write historical and get all kinds of words flagged), First words, and Names and Pronouns. She is so smart... she used to be a computational linguist in her prior life.
I think I really like the process of blogging in the morning...
Making a mental run down of what I did the day before helps me plan what I want to accomplish today. I may not be making my daily editing goal… but I’m not ignoring it either.
What I accomplished yesterday...
New Pages: Again, I wrote 3 new pages yesterday… If this keeps up, I will change the number to 3 as this might be my quick and natural number
Editing: I edited 5 pages yesterday (I think) I’m not sure because I cut so much and I moved scenes around. It really isn’t editing… It's really rewriting… I’m changing a few key elements to raise the stakes in this book. I’m killing a character off, completey erasing any traces of a sister and working to make my hero more torchered ;)
Other Writing Craft Activity (Read, Study, critique etc):... I read Candice Proctor's essay on The Romance Genre Blues, via Alison Kent's blog. I also surfed the articles on Alicia Rasley’s site http://www.sff.net/people/alicia/index.htp
Blog and/or Character Journal... Blogged
Thats it for today
Happy Writing!
Mary
1 comment:
Mary,
What a great tool! Thanks for sharing. Your CP is quite the techie, isn't she?
I'm happy to hear that your writing went well yesterday. Keep up the good work! :)
Post a Comment