Thursday, August 04, 2005

Becoming a Writer by Dorothea Brande... Interesting Book

New Pages: Again, I wrote 3 new pages yesterday on my 2nd SH… This is going to be a fun book to write

Editing: I edited 1 page yesterday It was 2am and I wouldn’t let myself go to bed before I finished at least 1 page.

Other Writing Craft Activity (Read, Study, critique etc):... I critiqued 1 chapter of CP’s story and read about 1/3 into Becoming a Writer by Dorothea Brande. Very interesting so far… I think I already have the ability to switch back in forth from my conscience (business) and unconscience (creative) side… so I am encouraged with what she is saying to me. Note… I wasn’t really procrastinating… I just found myself with large blocks of time without having access to the computer… so I read.

Blog and/or Character Journal... Blogged

Today… when I’m outside watching my daughter… I think I will plot out my westerns and work on character charts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool. Thanks for sharing. So what was the book about? Craft or motivational?

Good job on your progress! :)

Mary said...

Its more motivational... As I understand it now... she is going to teach the reader to how to seperate themselves into 2 people... having an awareness of their conscience and unconscience self and how to turn on your unconscience self at will so you can tap into it and write whenever you like.... I think its to train yourself to write everyday, whatever part of the day you want to do it. Thats what I've gotten out of it so far.

But I have just now determined that I can identify these two sides of myself BUT I have a hard time writing at will... so I will need to work on that.

Its an interesting book.
Cheers!
Mary