Thursday, April 08, 2010

Happy Spring Break!

I passed the class I was taking YEAH! I was FREAKING out! I hadn't taken a test in something like 20 years. AND it was a college course where there was only 1 test... the final! I didn't mind the thought of taking the test again... but I did mind the thought of failing and my sons knowing that I had failed.

Anyhoo... now I'm enjoying my spring break... before I start it all over again. Yes, I have something like 5 or 6 more of classes like THAT! I hope this is worth it in the end.

OK... I'm going to stop thinking about classes and tests LOL! I've read a bunch of books lately (after the test)... pretty much one a day during this spring break. And I'm doing yard work during breaks.

Chalice by Robin McKinley: I enjoyed this story very much but I was disappointment with the end... the lack of development of it I should say. I almost wonder if I missed something in the story to make the ending believable... but I don't think so. She didn't make me believe it in the end. It could have been a magnificent story if she had developed it better IMO.

Bound by Shadows by Keri Arthur: I LOVE her Riley Jenson Series! She's another author that inspires me to write.

Never lie to a Lady and Never Deceive a Duke by Liz Carlyle: These are nice fluff novels and I am enjoying them... but I was wishing they were better. I liked Never to Lie to a Lady better than the other. I am going to read Never Romance a Rake today... I'm looking forward to reading Kieran's story.

I also read Succubus Blues & Succubus on Top by Richelle Mead. She's the same author who writes the teen Vampire Academy Series that I LOVE. These 2 are the first in her adult Succubus series. I completely enjoyed them and will read the next 2 or 3 as soon as I get them from the library. I like the way Ms. Mead writes.

I also read Snow by Tracy Lynn: I read about half before I realized that I had read it before. It was a short and entertaining read but not one of my favorites from the Once Upon a Time series.

I'm pretty sure I will read A Hint of Wicked by Jennifer Haymore and Water Song by Suzanne Weyn after Never Romance a Rake. I have about 4 or 5 more days left of Spring break. I plan on finishing that Scottish short story that I never finished revising this week too. Then I WILL submit it :)

My yard is coming around. I am cutting EVERYTHING way back. Anything that is too high for me to reach is being chopped into proportion to my size. I also planted a few things in my garden yesterday. It's going to rain today. 2 Tomato plants, 1 bell pepper plant, some parsley, and a watermelon plant. I also planted some lenten roses that my sister gave me. She says that they are very difficult to kill. LOVE that. I will plant my gourd seeds in a few weeks like the directions say.

Hugs everone!

BTW... ate LOTS of chocolate for Easter. Actually, still eating it :) I gave up sweets for lent and am making up for lost time LOL

1 comment:

Janine said...

Yay on passing the course! Now, what course what it, what are you studying?? I'm out of the loop :-)