My son is working on a book report for school. He's a reluctant reader... so I allow him to listen to his books. I listened with my son to Harris and Me: A Summer Remembered by Gary Paulsen this summer. Talk about Funny! Seriously, I laughed until I had tears leak from my eyes... more than a few times!!! It was along the lines of a modern day story of Huckleberry Finn & Tom Sawyer.
I'm making comment here because my son just came to me, acting shy, saying he had a dumb question. He asked me the name of the main character. And it struck me... I couldn't remember. I just looked online and verified that the main characters name isn't mentioned in the book. People online reference him as me. I never noticed while listened to this book that I didn't know his name. Now, thinking as a writer, I am amazed how this was done.
No comments:
Post a Comment