Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Still Revising

It's a lazy summer. I have been working on my short story every day. Slowly... but still working.

I am planning on working in the yard a little today. Pulling weeds type of work. And the garden is coming along!! Tomatoes are growing and a bellpepper is coming in! I've never grown a bellpepper before.

I joined the library system in a county next to mine while I live in the county that receives the most library funding in the state. What's annoying is that whoever does the book buying in our county has something against romance novels!!! It's most annoying really... millions of dollars are budgeted for this library system and they DON'T catalogue paperback romance novels online!!!!!! Each library in the county has a small shelving area where they label the spine with "romance" and the first letter of author. That's IT!!! And they only have the New York Times bestsellers on the shelves. A POOR POOR selection. Old books too. This is the county where the City of Atlanta resides!!!! It's a sore subject for me. So I joined a neighboring county for $30 per year where they have a wonderful selection of paperback romance novels and young adult. And it's all catalogued online so I can have the paperbacks sent to the library closest to me (in that county). And it's really a fantastic selection of paperback romance novels!! The spymasters lady is waiting for me right now for pick up. It's a 25 minute drive... so I will wait for the other novel written by Joanna Bourne to be transferred before I go and pick them up. I joined about a month ago and it's already paid for itself. I know I'm a geek with my little library rant LOL!!!!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Our library here doesn't catalog paperbacks of any genre. And all they have available are like really old books. Having worked for the library, I know they are only allowed to buy hardbacks so I thought that was why they only had old books. I even donated some newer ones, then I went to the fall book sale and they had boxes of recent paperbacks for sale. All genres, a lot of single titles, for a $1 a piece. And I'm like why don't get rid of the ones on the shelves that are falling apart and put the new ones up there. ????