Thursday, June 04, 2009

Making Progress

I worked for a few hours. I totally got distracted on the internet when I googled Scotland dungeon door. But I recovered after an hour surfing the internet and continued with the revisions of my short story.

I didn't work outside today but I did take my daughter for a walk. She was walking about 1 mile a day with her class... I need to keep that up.

I have one at Boy Scout Camp and it's raining there tonight!! He is suppose to go rafting down the ocoee river tomorrow but it's suppose to rain then too. I wonder how they handle that?

I didn't read in my book today. I'm in the second Julia Quinn. It's good in a way but I'm also disappointed. This second book was written during the same period and using the same dramatic happening (for the most part) of the last book... only it's in different point of views.

She really didn't have to do too much but change the point of view. Most of the dialogue in the scenes with multiple people in it are EXACTLY the same. Which it should be because it's the same scenes just written in different point of views. I thought this pretty clever and humorous when I read the first couple of scenes like this... now I'm half way through the book and I'm beginning to feel like I read this all before, as well as being cheated of a good Julia Quinn read. From a publishing standpoint... I think this is a clever ploy... this book had to have been written extremely fast. The book was there already!! From a writers standpoint, I'm intrigued on how she did this. As a reader, I'm at an annoyed point BUT I will remain faithful that Ms. Quinn will pull this off.

No comments: