I actually accomplished something big today. I totally attacked nine hedges in my back yard a few weeks ago. I had left nothing but stumps (really big stumps). Today I dug them out of the ground. Since today is Monday, I had big plans to get back on the wagon and begin working out again. Shoveling, stabbing and wrestling nine large hedge stumps from the ground (mainly Georgia clay) was enough for me.
Now I can plant the double knock out roses that I bought a few weeks ago in that empty space. I only have three rose plants... so I am wondering what I will put in between. I'm not the gardener as many of you know ;) but I am thinking of gardenias because I LOVE the smell of them. But I worry that it will attract bees and I don't want too many bees in my back yard where Allison likes to play. I'm also not sure if a gardenia plant is a full sun plant. I have to look that up.
I finished reading The Lost Duke of Wyndham today. I read about 4 or 5 pages last night when I realized how familiar it sounded. I had read it already! But... I love Julia Quinn and I thought, what the hey, so I read it again. And Ms. Quinn makes me laugh. I am going to read the second in that series next. Maybe tonight... maybe not. I spent a good part of the day reading and now it's 10:10 and it's time to working on my short story... at least for an hour.
No comments:
Post a Comment