My sons are about to beginning working on their gardening merit badge. I know this is going to be good. Besides planting and caring for an outside garden, one of the other requirements gives them a choice of different gardening projects and among them is a hydroponic garden and a worm bin. Cool!!! John's going to do the hydroponic garden and Billy is doing the worm bin. I think Billy has the easiest project to do but we'll see how his worms do.
Sometimes its pretty convenient living near a big city. I was able to go to hydroponic store on Saturday and buy the planting medium. I saw some college age boys in the store looking really guilty LOL! I bought this spongy stuff to start the seeds and some clay type beads for when the plant has grown bigger. I've never done this before so I am very interested myself. He'll start with basil, a fancy leaf lettuce, and one other undecided plant.
I've ordered the red worms tonight. I never thought I'd ever buy worms on the Internet before!!! I did find a worm farm pretty close. Driving distance in fact though not so close that it would be worth the drive. Still close enough so the worms didn't have to go very far.
This is a three month project. I'll keep you posted ;)
A small writing note: I did begin the revisions on my short story this week. I'm going to work a little tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment