I'm back from Florida! It was a great trip!! On the first morning... the kids practically flew out of the door for the beach... and I forgot to put lotion on my back! Yep... burnt on the first day :) So I wore my Jimmy Buffet shirt for the remaining days of the trip except for the last day when the burn had finally disappeared.
It really was a busy week... and I didn't even read 1 book... or even 1 page of a book!!!! Amazing!! Well, the boy scout fishing merit badge book doesn't count LOL! Actually, there is no chance to relax and read a book when I go to the beach because my daughter LOVES the beach and goes from the water to the sand (to make castles). So I (or my sister) slathers lotion on her every time she gets out of the water because it would be a terrible event to have that child burned!!
I did get to go fishing with my sons. My brother and one of his son's came along too. I hadn't been fishing like that in probably 15 to 20 years. Actually, I didn't fish LOL! The three boys (my two sons and my brothers son) took turns and my brother and I took pictures. They caught their limit for King Mackerels. I used my sisters digital so I have to wait to post a pic until she emails me the one I asked for.
My brother brought jet skiis and I got a really HUGE bruise from holding on to one of them near the shore. A giant wave pushed it into me while one of the kids was getting off.
My mother also came along.... and she did really great walking to our spot with her walker! Yes... she was walking much better by the end of the week. The exercise did her good.
We also gave a surprise birthday party for my brother. He turns 50 at the end of the month.
My mother left today to return home. It was a good visit. She didn't seem as bad off as I was expecting. My mother is aging well in the face... you'd never know she was going to turn 82 this month. She looks strange with the walker... too young to need it.
I will get back to my revisions tomorrow. I will look at it tonight though... to get my bearings on it again.
2 comments:
I always found the term *beach books* a kind of oxymoron. Who really reads books on the beach? I can hardly read one in the car traveling as I am always looking at something.
It's true!!! I didn't see a since person on the beach reading! It's too fun to people watch :)
Post a Comment