Thursday, May 29, 2008

Reviews

I’m going to play on this blog before I work!

First some reviews:

A MUST summer read! The Lost Duke of Wyndham by Julia Quinn. I LOVE they way Ms. Quinn writes!! She made me laugh out loud (many times) and cry (many times).

I’ve already mentioned this one briefly in a post below… but I think Kresley Cole’s Dark Desires After Dusk is also a worthy summer read. I love Ms. Cole's action packed stories!

And three non fiction books that I’ve decided to review… Two by Tosca Reno. One is called The Butt Book. This is a great book that shows you the right moves and gives the proper motivation to actually do them… all with the express purpose to improve your posterior look ;) And her other book… called the Eat-Clean Diet. It’s not really a “diet,” it’s a way life... choosing the right foods to eat. I’ve been doing the eating clean diet for about 2 months now (cheating very little) and have lost probably 3 pounds ;) I did say it wasn’t a diet… BUT I KNOW that I’ve lost fat and gained muscle. AND I can see the difference in my posterior ;) I’m going the beach this summer… my mother, both brothers, and one of my sisters are also going with their families. It’s a family reunion and I would like to look my best. Which leads me into the 3rd book. How NOT to look old by Charla Krupp. I swear it’s working! I’m following most of her advice and I HAVE been told that I look younger by some of my friends who have no idea that I read that book. And it’s funny!!! Ms. Krupp defines what is “OL” = Old Lady and what is “YH” = Young and Hip. I laugh a lot when I read in this book because it’s like she is writing to me. I do (I did) many of the OL things… like wear eyeglass chains and wear a darker lipstick. If you want to look younger and are curious about this book… I bet you can find it at your library ;)

See a theme above ;) Well, divorce does give one a bit of motivation to redefine oneself. No, I am not dating. Frankly, I don’t see how I could if I wanted to. I’ve been divorced since mid March and the X has NEVER fully used his visitation rights… meaning he has never taken the kids overnight. What he does, I call drive by visitation. Basically, he comes to my house to visit with the kids for less than an hour (usually less than 30 minutes) during “his” weekend. I sound like I’m complaining but really I don’t mean it that way. But back to redefining myself… I have to tell everyone how happy I am. I mean it. Two of my three kids are very happy too. The youngest is doing much better though since school has let out (relieving that stress). I think the relaxation will do him good.

Today… I am getting out my YA… and revise! I like the 100 days that Janie and Dixie Belle are doing… I am thinking to do this too ;) I don’t remember the rules so I’m thinking as long as I’m doing something, revising and/or writing it should count.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the blog. I tried to buy Quinn's book yesterday and they said it was a June RELEASE! I am definitely buying it along with Loretta Chase's new book when I can get my hands on it. I bet Wal-Mart gets them first!

Today is Day 12. I haven't done a thing but play on the Internet, which I now consider vital to my sense of community! LOL! Love and hugs.

Mary said...

I found Ms. Quinn's book at Publix (my grocery store) yesterday. They often put the books out before their release dates. LOVE that ;) I read it last night... I couldn't resist it since I knew it was a start of her new series. And I bet you're right... I think walmart also puts them out before they are RELEASED :)

I am nearly through revising my first chapter of my YA. I've reread me notes on what I want to change to make a tighter story. I hope to finish revisions over the next 2 weeks... then I will send out to someone!

Dixie Belle said...

I need to get the How not to look old book because I look old as dirt!

Glad to know the Ex isn't being a major problem as some are.