Sunday, April 20, 2008

Waxing

This was an eventful weekend. Last week I went to Sally's and bought a waxing warmer... and all the supplies I needed to wax my legs. I always thought this was an expensive thing to buy... but it was not compared to going to a salon and having it done. I spent around $75 and got the warmer, the sticks, the cloths, 3 wax cans, the wax remover (for residue) and some foot creme. Not bad for all of that! Sally's had a special on the warmer... it came with wax and a dvd to show you how to do it... and I needed that... Laughing!

Well, this weekend, I went wax happy. I waxed nearly everything... and I'm not done. My sister has a wax setup and I would go to her house on occasion and let her torture me. BUT after all this time, I've realized that she wasn't doing it right! And I think she uses too sticky wax. I love the pink wax that I got. It didn't hurt nearly as bad as when my sister does it... and I did it myself... with no help. I waxed the hair on my upper lip... the fuzz around the sides of my face... and even my arms!!! I am French decent... and WAS a bit furry... Laughing!!! I hope only women read my blog ;) I only did the bottom of my legs... but I will finish it sometime during the week.

And I know you all needed to know this!

3 comments:

Dixie Belle said...

I bet you were a sight with pink wax on!

Dixie Belle said...

Hey, I'm on a list with Jen Hollings and I told her how much you liked her book. I think she read your post. Anyway, check out her blog from my page. There's the cover to the sequel on it.

Anonymous said...

OMG! What last name do you want to use on my blog list? LAUGHING OUT LOUD! Freedom! Mary Freedom! OMG! I am so silly today.