Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Writing Goals for 2008

1) EDITING: Focus of finishing Edits on The Maiden’s Leap
· Complete by March 30

2) Work on Straight Historical
· Complete the Plot outline by May 1

3) Plot out 3 Scottish Historicals (vogler journey) for possible story lines

4) Work on one of the SH stories from #3
· Complete the rough draft by December 31st

5) Improve Grammar/Punctuation/Writing Skills
* Study grammar book
* Work Grammar/Punctuation Worksheets throughout year
Use Sentence Sills for Writers Book
* Read 4 Books on Writing (including Storyteller & Story)
Continue to Study Techniques of A Selling Writer

6) By end of 2008, Block Out at least 1 YA Historical/Fantasy Novel (50-75,000 words)
· Work on in spare time

4 comments:

Shesawriter said...

Hey Mary,

Just wanted to pop in to wish you a happy new year. I hope you meet all your writing goals!

Dixie Belle said...

Hi Mary!! Hope all is going well for you. I need to make a list of goals. I just been too lazy.

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of goals! Email me when you have time. I might call you this weekend if I don't forget my name or something....

Mary said...

Happy New Year to all of you too!!

I really feel loved that you continue to continue to check my blog!

I haven't written or edited anything yet... I'm working up to it ;)