Last year, I was on an “oldies but goodies” kick. I read lots of old romances and complained… "I wished they wrote stories like they used to!" Anna Campbell is the answer to my pleas. But this isn’t to say she doesn’t have a modern voice, she does… it’s the story, the way the characters grow. It’s the DEPTH of the story. Let’s not forget to mention, it’s also a very SENSUAL story. Loved the Love Scenes!
And this lady knows EMOTION!! Keep the tissue box handy. Both the hero AND the heroine are tortured people and they both go through incredible transformations by the end of the story.
This story is controversial. Yep, I can see why that is, because of the way the hero treated the heroine (that’s all I’ll say about that). BUT you know… I freely admit that I can easily read this kind of story when they are written as well as this. And I wish I could say what kind of story this is (LOL) but it could be too big of spoiler for the book I think ;) You’ll have to look at the Amazon reviews if you are that curious… but warning… those Amazon reviews are definitely spoilers.
I hope this is representation of a turn to a new trend... and I don't necessarily mean "the plot" but I am talking the depths a story like this takes. Kudos to Avon for publishing this one!!
I HIGHLY recommend this novel to those want to experience a compelling and romantic journey.
1 comment:
Hey Mary,
These books sound really good! I'm going to look for these titles. Glad you liked the ones by Jocelyn Kelley.
Post a Comment