Monday, February 05, 2007

Spell of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning

This was an Awesome story!!! I swear Karen Marie Moning is just getting better and better!!!! Why did I wait so long to read this story?!!!!

She tied this story up very nicely!!! Everything was used!!! And I loved how she ended it!!! OMG!!! It was so perfect and so logical!!! Yes I’m excited!! She really has a way to keep the urgency in a story… its always urgent!!

And she does this in all her books… a time limit!!! I have to review her earliest books but there is always this urgent the world will be doomed time limit in her stories. And her writing… I forgot how amusing she is. I chuckled A LOT!!!

She is a good writer to study IMO. She is definitely one of my favorite authors! Shana Abe has the beautiful prose; Karen Marie Moning has the urgency and tight plots. If only I could combine the two!!!

And the good news is... this series is not over! I wondered about that because she had a different book come out this winter... not a highlander book. But she assures her readers that it isn't over and she did leave other story lines wide open using the Queen of the Fae. And I loved how she started the books with the Queen of the Fae in the prologue and then ended it with her too. Very interesting ;)

No comments: