Saturday, January 20, 2007

Highlander Unbound by Julia London

I should have held my peace in my earlier post. As it turns out... Ms. London DID start the book where she needed to. It's because of how she ended it. And I cried!!! It's been a while since a romance made me cry... and I love to cry LOL!

I think Julia London does Characters and Dialogue REALLY well. You can see how she uses little details to make them more real. Like the hero's love for his Kilt and how she used the little girls fantasy of a Prince rescuing her and her mother. She drew pictures of a princess in a tower trapped waiting to be rescued all the time. And that's another thing... I don't like when children play such a big part in a romance. It's just a thing for me but this one worked. The little girl was really useful in building the hero's character and of course, she was the motivation for the mother's desperation... to save her daughter. It was amusing how the little girl was a pest in the beginning but Ms. London showed the hero's patience with the girl. Well done!

I am totally into this trilogy now. The next book is the other brother. But I'm going to have to use it as a carrot.

Today, I read more of my book. I am also going to my local RWA meeting today. I have to go when I can. Soccer season will be starting pretty soon which will take over my Saturdays.

No comments: