Monday, January 29, 2007

Highlander in Disguise by Julia London

Another great story by Julia London!! She really knows how to do characters.

I can't wait to read the next one!!! Ms. London has already done an excellent job setting up this last story. She had both the hero and the heroine interact in both of the two previous books. I shouldn't admit this... but while I read this second story (the second brother's story) I was thinking that I couldn't wait to read the sister's story.

I am going to work especially hard today... and if I feel like I accomplished something worthy... I'm going to read that third book tonight ;)

Okay... I clicked "published" and read my review... LOL!!! I didn't talk about the book I read, only the one that I can't wait to read ;) Seriously, Highlander in Disguise was a good story. I especially loved the spunky heroine. And it was an interesting story. Yes, they had chemistry from the beginning but they were not focused on getting the other. The heroine wanted someone else and used the hero to teach her how to get him. Okay, I have read this story line before BUT I still find it highly amusing. I really like the way Ms. London writes... meaning her prose. It's not poetic like Shana Abe but reads well.

I have noticed in my draft that there is a lot of he did this or she did that... too many sentences that start with he, she or the character's name. Professionals don't do this. Not as much as I do. I need to fix those offending sentences but not during this rough draft. But I will definitely fix this when I revise. And the crazy thing is... I know that I'm doing it WHEN I'm doing it! I'll give myself a little credit. I am getting better at trying to avoid using he, she sentences while I'm in my rough draft... but it's just so tempting.

No comments: