Tonight, my son is going to his first boy/girl party besides the school dance function.
I remember going to my first boy/girl party when I was in sixth grade. I was petrified. I went to an all girl school and had little interaction with the opposite sex, with the exception of my brothers and their friends. My oldest brother is six years older than me... so I was just a little kid to them and my youngest brother is two years younger than I, so they were just little kids to me.
They had some brave couples making out big time at this party. None of the boy/girl parties that I went to had parents in the same room. Was this odd? It seemed perfectly normal to me since this is what happened at all parties that I attended over the years. The parents were in house, just not in the same room where the party was going on. My husband was shocked... thinking that would only happen in southern Louisiana.
The party that my son is attending will have parents about. So maybe I grew up in a town on the wild side? Or maybe it was because it was in the later 70's?
Now that I think about it... maybe it was the time and the culture... because this is also the time where parents hosted Keg parties for their high schoolers!
Update: My son had a great time at the party. I asked him if the parents stayed in the room and he told me that they hung out off a side room. He told me that no one made out because the parents had cameras LOL! But that is all he told me. Oh... he did tell that he danced but he wouldn't tell me with who or even how many different girls he danced with. Boys!!!
3 comments:
I remember the first time I slow danced with a boy.
Heavenly....
OMG! I never got to do this till I was in the 7th grade and I do remember it, clearly. It was the summer after the 7th grade and it was a garage party for dancing. I had on a dress I made in a school class. It was white with lime green polka dots. I also remember the song I danced to. I had a boyfriend, but I had never danced with him. LOL! And I got a kiss, too!
Thank you for your responses!! Isn't it fun to remember ;)
I'll just hint on how old I was for my first kiss... way old... ya know that song... 16 and never been kissed (or something like that) LOL!
Post a Comment