Saturday, December 30, 2006

Tempting the Wolf by Lois Greiman

NOTE: I might be giving too much away.... so I have to claim "SPOILER ALERT"

Last night I finished Tempting the Wolf by Lois Greiman. I loved this story and the ending caught me... I feel like I should have gotten it but I didn't until it was too late!! I really enjoyed this story but really can't put my finger on exactly what she did right. I think she did many things right. If I were to point out something specific I guess I would say she was great at building suspense... I don't mean scary but a building of the story... a rising anticipation on how it will end. I will also note an interesting twist... she didn't fix the hero and heroine's curses. They were each cursed in some way but when they came together it just worked... no completely setting things right like romances are typically written.

I just checked amazon because I was intereted in her barbarian book that connects with this wolf one... I have to say I don't think she deserved all those bad reviews. I guess I don't need things spelled out like the average reader... and that is what was missing in the book. She did leave things vague but it didn't bother me. This is the sort of thing that is scary when reading amazon's reviews. You could have thousands of fans but have 2 or 3 who didn't connect with your story... and those are the reviews that stick out.

No comments: