Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sunday's Work

It's only 2pm and I'm tired of working. I started plotting out a straight historical that I'm thinking about.

It's procrastination because I should be working on revising my YA. I have worked on that too though. I found some self editing notes (checklist) that I'm going to use while I start revising tomorrow. I'm going to follow the revision from hell workshop with Candace Havens. It's revising 20 pages a day. If I follow this plan, I'll have my YA revised in about 10 days. I figure after I follow CH's Revision from Hell... I will go back and read again to make sure I have it the way I want it. Revising in layers, really. If I do this, I will easily make my deadline for the Golden Heart with this book.

I also want to write the straight historical while I work on this... new words. I've made good progress on ideas for this straight historical. I actually came up with this idea years ago but never plotted it out. I just had the beginning scenes that sounded very interesting to me. It's a murder mystery too... but that isn't the main part of the book... but it is part of the big external conflict.

1 comment:

Shesawriter said...

Most of what I wrote today was crap. So don't feel bad. :-)