I have been miserably sick over the Thanksgiving Break. I AM ever thankful that we had already decided not to go anywhere or entertain company!! So it was 5 days of fever, coughing and sneezing. I still can't believe my husband didn't get it!
I was to weary to *think* so I read a bunch of books in my "to read" pile.
The Vampire who Loved Me by Teresa Medeiros
Vamps and the City by Kerrelyn Sparks
The Sea King by Jolie Mathis
Lady Danger by Sarah McKerrigan (Thank You Janie!)
Love is in the Heir by Kathryn Caskie
And a few stories from some Anthologies that had me curious.
They were ALL entertaining for their particular genre.
The Sea King by Jolie Mathis was her debut Novel (I'm 99% sure about this) and I am have to say... it was a great book to debut. It definitely had that Medieval feel to it... great descriptions and medieval type dialogue.
Lady Danger by Sarah McKerrigan was also a debut Novel (Again, I think). This was my kind of story... very much the sort of thing that I write. I am going to get the next one of this trilogy... Captive Heart sometime this week. I'll use that one as my reward book when I mail off my Golden Heart entry.
Kathryn Caskie also didn't disappoint. She REALLY does make her regency different!!!
The VAmpire who Loved Me and Vamps and the City were sequels to other Vampire stories. Kerrelyn Sparks has a fun wit and Teresa Medeiros is well... Teresa Medeiros!
No comments:
Post a Comment