Thursday, September 28, 2006

First Draft Finished... and its ROUGH

I finished my first draft of my YA story. Feels good! My self-imposed deadline was the end of September. So, I did it with a few days to spare. That first draft push was what I needed. It’s ROUGH though. I am going to try to revise in layers I think. AND I have a thread or two to tweak. My ending is not strong enough… I need to add some stuff to the beginning to make the ending better. But it feels good to have something to “fix” ;)

OH and did I mention that I'll probably change my names of some of the minor characters? ;) I found another real sister of my heroine to use as the one who jumpted to her death. I found a family tree that lists this sister as having a "contract" for marriage. This would be perfect... as it seems it didn't happen. RIGHT with my story line.

5 comments:

Joely Sue Burkhart said...

Woo-hoo! Congrats on finishing!!

Dixie Belle said...

First Draft finished is an accomplishment!!! Rough or not.
Now you can have fun polishing. That's my favorite part.

Mary said...

Thanks everyone!!!! I'm going to start polishing on Monday. I'm going to read a book this weekend and also write another chapter in the AvonLit contest ;)

Beth said...

Congrats, Mary!!!

Shesawriter said...

Congrats, Mary!!! What a wonderful feeling it is to type THE END. Hope the revisions go well.