Saturday, September 09, 2006

4 Pages a day... I need a breakthrough

Yesterday.... wrote another 4 pages. I need to break through the 4 pages a day thing AND it isn't going to happen today.

So far this week 19 pages. I still have today and tomorrow as part of the week and I do intend to write... but I doubt it will be 15 pages ;)

I did get distracted last night. I've been watching the AvonLit event, and I really want to play. It's a regency though. I never attempted those. But I've read a ton ;) of those and still think I might give it a try.

BUT as I sat down to think of two ideas... I realized I never tried to write a novella before. Things have to progress faster and more focused. So I picked up a book of regency anthologies that have been in my "to read" pile and read 2 of the stories and a part of one. I've determined the best ones is when the hero and heroine already have a history of some sort. BUT reading those little novellas teased me to read a real book LOL! Even though I didn't make my 34 pages and don't deserve it... but I did write EVERY day... I'm convincing myself that I have a right... laughing!

I have NO willpower!!!!

And since I'm in the mood for Regency... I'm going to totally change reward books and read the last Wallflower book by Lisa Klfeypas tonight. BUT after I write at least a page. I haven't written anything today.

3 comments:

Beth said...

I know you have set a higher page goal, but 4 pages a day is fantastic progress. Don't beat yourself up too hard. :)

Mary said...

Thank you both for the encouragement!

In know that you are right. In the back of my mind I know 4 pages a day will get me far in a year.

It's just that I have the goal to finish the YA before the end of the month. I work best under pressure ;)

Dixie Belle said...

Four pages a day is more than I've done in a while. Keep plugging along!