Thursday, August 03, 2006

Yesterday... An Unexpected Turn in Plans

Yesterday morning I turned on my computer only to receive news that today starts the Georgia "No Tax" weekend. That's when cloths and other merchandise like this are sold and you don't have to pay sales tax. I've been caught up in this hoopla before... and you'd think that the stores marked their merchandise 75 percent off! The stores are mobbed I'll tell you! And not only that... after the weekend, the stock on the stores shelves suffer. And this always happens just before school starts... so that means school cloths are picked over as well as school supplies.

SO... I went shopping yesterday to beat the stampede on the stores that are happening as I type this. I bought school cloths for my boys and then went on to buy school supplies. I suppose I should be grateful for this no tax weekend because now they are ready for school. I still have to buy cloths for my daughter though... I couldn't do it all in a day. I know exactly what I want to get her though... so I'll probably buy it off the internet.

Today I can focus on my writing!

No comments: