Friday, June 30, 2006

Reading about Druids

I have managed at the very least a few pages of editing everyday this week. I am sticking to one story right now and keep getting new ideas for it! I sort wish I'd stop that because every time I think of a new twist on the plot it changes the beginning a little more. I really like this new idea though... so I will keep it.

Last night I pick up Morgan Llywelyn's Druids to read for research. The cover DOES SAY... "Splendid and compelling." And a back cover recommendation of, "Unless you have 24 hours of non-stop reading time, don't touch it!"

Why did I think I would be immune????

I did put it down last night because I didn't even start it until 11:30pm... but I will likely finish it tonight. It is a great story!!! It is Gripping... she keeps throwing new twists and events that keep you wanting to see what will happen next. And the book really is informative!!! It is a fiction story BUT I read from other sources that she really does a great job to portray what the like of a Celtic Druid had been like... and its true. What she says in her story does in fact jive with what the "history/reference" books say about the ancient druids. It's so nice that it in such a satisfying story form!

No comments: