Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Pretender & The Imposter by Celeste Bradley

Through all this party commotion I have managed to read two romances. At first I couldn't find the time. I haven’t talked this much on the phone for YEARS! But after two or so days… I started shutting off the computer to loose myself in a book. I needed to unwind!

I read The Pretender and the Imposter by Celeste Bradley. Thanks Janie! Now I’m well into this Liar’s Series. Actually I’m in the middle of The Spy right now.

Ms. Bradley writes a clean story. I haven’t noticed any dropped threads. She does a great job with characterization IMO. And I found myself laughing at loud more than once. I like these stories because they read differently than the average regency. We have characters with lively backgrounds who are thieves, chimneysweeps, and pickpockets. The dialogue has a lot of flavor ;)

Next week… starting tomorrow… I am getting back to my own writing.

Party notes… I’ve sent out menu’s of two different caterers for my sisters and brothers to review. Hopefully, I’ll have the third by the end of today. Tomorrow afternoon, we’ll vote on the caterer. Today, my sister is coming over and we are printing and addressing invitations. I am NOT in the mood for that… but it must be done.

I’ll be back soon… the most time consuming part of the arrangements is almost over ;)

1 comment:

Mary said...

The party is July 22nd. I am driving down with the boys earlier that week so we can see the sites, eat some good food, and play with granny. We'll be returning soon after. The RWA conference starts that week. The end of July will be a busy time for me.